Help to increase company
Customer is easier to remember your brand through domain name.
Avoid your website buried in crowded website environment
Many search engines refuse to list pages from the free site. Thus, with registered domain name, your website can be identified all the time and has great chance to be top of the searching list.
Avoid brand name miss-match phenomenon
We have to stop someone else registering the name of our company or product. Miss matching phenomenon will cause us lose quite big amount of visitors when the visitor is directed wrongly to different site.
We not only help you to register, renew and transfer domain name, we also offer
WHOIS identity protection
We will help you maintain high confidentiality to against identity theft, spammer and telemarketer invade your privacy. Instead of directly unveil your company contact details, we will replace with Domain Privacy Protection Service’s contact.
Without DNS, computer is unable to locate the required domain name in the network. DNS system enables network application to find and communicate with each other by using the IP no matter how the underlying physical network changes.
Domain Forwarding allows you to redirect a domain name to another website. This service is useful when you have 1 website but you have more than 1 domain name referring to this website. For instances, you are setting up your company website at www.yourcompany.com. You can forward the secondary domain url www.secondarydomain to www.yourcompany.com. Domain Forwarding will redirect all visitors from www.secondarydomain to www.yourcompany.com automatically.
- After I placed a domain order, when shall I pay? Is my domain booked?
- After you have placed an order, you may proceed with the payment ASAP.
Please note that your domain is not secured or booked or registered at this point of time until we received your payment receipt. Actual activation will only be carried out after full payment is received.
In the event that your domain is taken/registered by other parties after you made the payment, you may either to choose another domain name or to request for a refund as the actual domain registration has been by carried out by our end.
- Can I only register a domain without any hosting plan?
- Yes. You may register/renew only a domain with or without any web hosting plan with Net Onboard. You only need to pay for the domain fee. You can even use the registered domain to be hosted with other web hosting provider by modifying the nameserver. There is no charge for the nameserver modification.
- Can I provide invalid domain info to prevent my details to be revealed to public?
Under the ICANN rules, no one is allowed to provide faulty domain info. All the domain info provided shall be deemed valid and accurate at the point of registration. In the event that the Registrar found out any suspicious domain with faulty domain info, the domain owner is requested to update the domain info immediately. Failure to do so, the Registrar reserve the right to suspend the domain permanently.
- Can I redirect my second domain to primary domain so that when people visit both domain will see the same web site?
- Yes. In this case, you may just purchase a domain forwarding features to forward the 2nd domain to primary domain.
- Can I register a domain name which shows as Not Available?
- No, you cannot register a domain name that is already registered by other. You would have to choose another name that no one has registered before.
We only provide domain registration on available domain. If you wish to buy a registered domain, you may try to contact the current domain owner yourself. You may get the domain owner detail by performing a WHOIS search.
- Can you book a domain name before payment is received?
- No, for Internic domain. All domain is to be registered after full payment is received based on first come first serve. There is no booking option available.
Yes, for .my domain. We can assist you to perform a domain booking for a maximum of 14 days and the booking will be cancelled thereafter if no payment is received. Domain registration will be carried out after payment and the supporting documents are provided from your end.
- Can you book more than 14 days for .my domain?
- If you need more than 14days to get your supporting documents, we will assist you to re-book your domain after the first booking of 14days is cancelled by .my Domain Registry.
However we advise you to speed up the process in getting the supporting document as .my Domain Registry may disallow us to perform booking for a same period for a long duration.
- Can you refund a registered domain?
Once your domain has been registered, NO refund will be provided for any reason including spelling error. You may, however still request for the domain to be cancelled (if you wish) but there is strictly NO refund on the domain fee. You will need to pay again for any new domain registration.
- Do I get Login ID & Password for my domain name?
- You may manage your Internic domain name via our Billing System. Below are the steps:
1. Login to Client Area at http://billing.netonboard.com/clientarea.php
2. Go to My Domains
3. Click on your preferred domain name to manage.
4. You may now change the nameserver, contact information, auto renew & registrar Lock.
Meanwhile for .my domain name, the administrative contact username and password will be sent directly to the registered email address.
- Do you have discounts for domain registration?
- Yes if you register/renew a same domain name (Internic domain only) for a minimum of 5 years straight.
eg. .com renewal x 5 years = RM45 x 5 = RM225
Kindly Submit a Ticket to our sales consultant to confirm on your discount rate.
Discount is not applicable to Mynic domain.
- Do you have Privacy Protection to protect my info in WHOIS?
- Yes, we have the Domain Privacy Protection option that you can enable to hide your WHOIS info being displayed to the public. You can enable or disable this feature easily after login to your Client Area > My Domain to manage it yourself.
However please note that .org and all .my domain name do not support Domain Privacy Protection.
Note:- Privacy protection option is FREE of charge.
- How long it takes to register a domain?
- Internic domain : Within 2 - 24hours.
.my domain name : 1-2 working days. (After we received your supporting document)
Other countries domain : Within 1-7 working days (Depends on the Country level requirements)
- All the registration order will be processed only after payment receipt is received and verified.
- Payment receipts received during working days Mon-Fri (9.30am-6.30pm) : Activation within the same day
- Payment receipts received during OFF working hours : Activation on following working day
- Is the Domain Name Registered belongs to me?
Sometimes when you have a third party register a domain for you, your name is not written under the "Administrative Contact" section of the domain name. In other words, the domain name is not yours. But rest assured, if you have us register the domain name for you, the Administrative/Owner would be you. To prove this, we will show you yourself on how to check that.
- I'm interested with one of the domain owned by your client and would like to purchase it. How shall I go about that?
- Eventhough the domain is registered via Net Onboard, the ownership still belongs to our client. If you wish to purchase the respective domain, you shall contact the domain owner and liase with them directly. FYI, we do not resell domain owned by our client.
- The rules to register a .my Domain Name
- FYI, .MY Domain was governed by .my Domain Registry. Some keywords has been reserved for special purpose and is not allowed to be used by the public within the domain name such as:
- country or state names such as "Malaysia", "Selangor", etc
- sensitive keywords to the main religions such as "Islam", "Buddha", "Hindu", "Christianity", etc.
- "bank" or "finance company"
- 'By themselve' means contain the country or state names itself can only be applied by the State or GOV. However, a domain name with the combination of the state or country name is allowed.
-eg: Selangor.com.my, Maybank.net.my (Not allow)
-eg: Johorsystem.my, Publicbankadvance.com.my (Allow)
If you wish to use the reserved keywords as above, you will need to present the specific supporting documents approved by the relevant authority such as State authority, Minister of Finance (MOF) etc, and the domain registration is subject to .my Domain Registry final approval.
For details information, you may refer to http://domainregistry.my/choosingadomainname.php
- The rules to register a Domain Name
- A domain name can have max. 63 characters excluding the extensions (that's the "www" and "com" thing).
alphabets, numbers and the hyphen " - ".
Not allowed characters:
Domain name is not case sensitive.
So "MYDOMAIN.com" and "mydomain.com" are just the same.
- What is a Domain Name?
- Think of a Domain Name as an address where people can find you on the Internet through your own Internet address (eg: www.yourname.com) One good very familiar example of domain name would be www.yahoo.com. All you need to do to go to www.yahoo.com is just to type in the domain name in the Internet Explorer address bar.
So, by registering a domain name, you will have an address on the internet where users can visit and view.
- What is Domain Forwarding?
- Domain Forwarding service is built for client who already have an existing website and wish to forward the respective domain to specific link and etc. e.g: You have a domain A and would like to forward it to existing website will URL http://www.abc.com
You can get a FREE Domain Forwarding service when you purchase any Internic Domain Name with us, where the free domain forwarding is provided by the Domain Registrar as its best efford of availability.
- What is Email Forwarding?
- Email Forwarding is built for user that does not subscribe to any emailing services whereby they can configure the email message sent to the domain e.g: xxx@domainname and forward to free email such as yahoo, gmail and etc.
You can get a FREE Email Forwarding service when you purchase any Internic Domain Name with us, where the free email forwarding is provided by the Domain Registrar as its best efford of availability.
- What is Managed DNS?
- Managed DNS service allow client to manage the DNS records without having to setup their own DNS server.
You can get a FREE Managed service when you purchase any Internic Domain Name with us, where the free Managed DNS is provided by the Domain Registrar as its best efford of availability.
Otherwise, you may also subscribe for the Paid service provided and configured at Net Onboard server for RM10/year per domain. It is recommended that you maintain at least 2 party DNS services for where in the event if one DNS group failed the other group would still able to resolve properly. The only draw back is you need to maintain 2 groups of dns server. e.g: when you add additional A record, you will need to update both end.
- Which Domain Extension I can register?
- Currently, we provide the registration of:
Internic Domain: .com, .org, .net, .info, .biz, .name, .mobi, .asia, .cc, .tv, .bz, .ws
Malaysia Domain: .my, .com.my, .org.my, .net.my, .name.my, .edu.my, .gov.my
Other Countries Domain: Singapore, United States, Taiwan, China, Australia, Philippines, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan, Europe, IDN Level Domain Names (Simplified or Traditional Chinese) and more...
.tw, .com.tw, .org.tw, .idv.tw
.ph, .com.ph, .net.ph, .org.ph
.co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk
.co.nz, .net.nz, .org.nz
.com.au, .net.au, .org.au
.in, .net.in, .jp, .eu, 中文名.com
Check out our domain registration page for the range of domain extension and the pricing:
If you wish to register some other country level domains which are not listed above, kindly email to us at Submit a Ticket stating which country level domain you wish to enquire.
Note: Most of the country level domain name require valid document to prove the legal presence of the registrant. Therefore, please ensure that you have the registered presence in the country before you apply for the country level domain.
- Will you reject my domain registration?
- At most time, we will process all the domain registration order placed by clients. However we do reserve the right to reject certain domain name which sound illegal, threatening, malicious etc, In the event that your domain is rejected, and there isn't any registration being carried out yet, full refund on domain fee will be provided.