Cloud Server is designed for high availability with failover mechanism as where it contains the following data protection:
1. RAID 1 over Hardware RAID Controller within the Shared Storage.
– If HDD fails we just need to replace the failed HDD, this will not cause any downtime.
2. RAID 1 over the LAN among Clustered Shared Storage.
– If The Primary Shared Storage failed, we can swing to Secondary Shared Storage, this exercise will cause several minutes of downtime for Secondary Shared Storage to take over the Primary Storage Role.
However, the risk of Cloud Server image corruption is there and when this happened it will be disaster without a backup plan in place. Moreover, data protection can’t be utilized to recover historical data.
Following are the available backup options:
1. Snapshot Backup (Daily/Weekly/Monthly)
This is a full clone image of the server and we would recommend client to go for weekly snapshot backup at minimum level.
2. Cloud Storage Backup (External Backup)
You can utilize cloud storage for content backup and usually we will need to configure the backup script to utilize the FTP access to transfer the backup file to external storage. We recommend backup being done for important content (e.g: Web Files & Database).